- – Drones imporve health and safety.
- – Drones collect in-depth and detailed data.
- – Rapid deployment.
- – Flexiblity, will suit the majority of inspections.
- – Easily shareable data.
- – Ability to inspect the difficult to reach and hazardous areas.
- – Reduces insurance costs.
- – Saves time and reduces costs.
Can unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) be an effective and cost cutting method in infrastructure maintenance?
The usage of Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) is a cost effective process. Infrastructure assets are typically remote and difficult to survey, making a drone ideal. A technician is not required to climb up a chimney or wind turbine, instead a drone with a camera can send footage to an experienced inspector. UAV’s can easily get access to hard to reach places faster, cheaper and minimise risk, compared to manual inspection.